Fascias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My next door neighbours wooden fascia boards have rotted and are falling down at the end. I am worried because I know that birds will get in and perhaps get into my loft. Is there a dividing board between the houses where the fascias are to stop this happening, does anyone know. Thanks

Sponsored Links
no because this happened to us and we had a birds nest in our loft and they were getting in from next doors soffits

Thanks for letting me know, I will have to get my husband to get in the loft and block it, how did you get over this problems.

Sponsored Links
they were coming in through the air vents on the soffit because the old vents were rotten so just renewed the vents wasnt a big job

Bear in mind that even if you block the eaves (use whatever you can), the little blighters can still walk up the roof a little and get though into next doors and then back down again through the felt sags.

The proper thing to do is for your neighbour to have his job repaired.

We did a job in 2006 on a house where the birds had got through next doors, i'll never forget it. The build up of bird sheite had virtually melted through the felt and the stench was terrible. :( [but don't worry that was a worse case scenario and yours wont be that bad]

My neighbour will not do anything about his fascias his house is falling down, is there any other way of keeping the birds out, what did you do on the house in 2006? How did you stop the birds from getting in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back