fast cold, hammer, then slow hot!- not plot for adult film!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, we had a new hot water cylinder installed at same time as solar fitted and while hw & ch system pressurised. First of all just a pressure reducing valve was added but we pointed out the water was hotter than regs, so they then fitted a temp blending/ controlling valve to bring it down to regs.
Now we've got a problem that I tried to get sorted but the plumber robbed us off saying I just needed to turn stop Cock down and harrassed us into paying. That was a year ago!

Turn on hot tap and it runs at much higher than operating pressure but its cool at best. This goes on for 30s then there is hammering in the pipes but when this stops the pressure drops back to operating pressure (a bit low imho) but nice and hot.
What causes it?
Can this be sorted by trying out different pressures (tried a few but not worked)?
How can I get it sorted as we waste tens of litres of water every time we need hot water.
Thanks people in advance!
Tom[/code]

Sponsored Links
Just checked and it feels like the temperature blending valve (owic) at the top outlet of the cylinder vibrates more that the pressure reduction valve (which doesn't seem to vibrate at all)

Does that help?

No ideas at all? Anyone? All I can imagine is that somehow the higher pressure cold is allowed through by either the pressure reduction valve or temperature blending valve but the is somehow reduced. Any clues at all?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back