Fasting..

hi ironnaz, i enjoyed your response so much i got it twice.... ;)

and i like you humour.... but i really can't equate to the ethic of that or any other religion... you can't live your whole life worrying about what happens when you die.... because even if you're condemned to a future of burning and stuff... you can't feel it now... and there'll be plenty of people to share it with you...

And there is nothing you can do as a living human to convince a god to make you life any better... please prove me wrong if you can !!!

No not burning in hell...there is something to do with 100 virgins in other religions? I think personally, that would be a hell for me, do YOU remember your first virgin? Virtually jumping off the cupboard to gain access to the tunnel of love, imagine that 99 other times, ouch!

A God is something that people have been brought up with, believe in 100%, there are many different ones around, so each to their own. If people gave up their belief, then so many people would still be alive, as religion has caused more wars and conflict than anything else. You can't turn off anyone from their God, but you can make them turn to a God.

How many people reading this have some type of religious symbol, but don't believe in God? A bible, a crucifix, a St Christopher, a tattoo?

Sponsored Links
hi ironnaz, i enjoyed your response so much i got it twice.... ;)

and i like you humour.... but i really can't equate to the ethic of that or any other religion... you can't live your whole life worrying about what happens when you die.... because even if you're condemned to a future of burning and stuff... you can't feel it now... and there'll be plenty of people to share it with you...

And there is nothing you can do as a living human to convince a god to make you life any better... please prove me wrong if you can !!!

No not burning in hell...there is something to do with 100 virgins in other religions? I think personally, that would be a hell for me, do YOU remember your first virgin? Virtually jumping off the cupboard to gain access to the tunnel of love, imagine that 99 other times, ouch!

A God is something that people have been brought up with, believe in 100%, there are many different ones around, so each to their own. If people gave up their belief, then so many people would still be alive, as religion has caused more wars and conflict than anything else. You can't turn off anyone from their God, but you can make them turn to a God.

How many people reading this have some type of religious symbol, but don't believe in God? A bible, a crucifix, a St Christopher, a tattoo?
Totally agree with that statement Micky :D

If people gave up their belief, then so many people would still be alive, as religion has caused more wars and conflict than anything else. ?

Is that really the case though?

If you look at some of the most brutal wars in recent times, they were not caused by religion, but nationalism.

The 1st world war was over nationalism/borders. The 2nd world war against was nationalism inspired, with the germans feeling humiliated over the WW1 and the way their economy was crippled. So in this case it was nationalism again starting a massive world wide war in which many millions died.

The Korea war, again nationalism.

The Vietnam/Cambodia wars, again nationalism.

The Afghan war in the 80's, nationalism.

The Iran/Iraq war of the 80's, again Arab nationlism inspired this, not religion.

These are just some examples of the nationalism inspired wars over the past century in which many millions of innocent people have died.

I feel it would be unfair to accuse religion as the main cause of war and suffering throughout the world.

I'm not into the religious mumbo jumbo that goes on, believe in what you believe.

But I watched a programme on TV last night regarding sleep disorders. And it was 'suggested', not yet medically proven, that when your body clock is out of sync, ie on long haul flights, that fasting for a certain period resets it, and you return to your normal sleep pattern virtually immediately.

You are talking about the "food clock". Supposedly related to hunter gathering. it is not simply fasting for a set period, it is fasting and then not eating on the flight, or when you arrive until the next available breakfast. It will reduce jet lag. It is evidenced in trails, what is not proven is why it works. The "food clock" is hypothesis.

Sponsored Links
IronNaz";p="1727117 said:
I feel it would be unfair to accuse religion as the main cause of war and suffering throughout the world.

And it is unfair because it 'ain't true.

The problem with the people on this particular forum section is they post before they think.

There is a lot of moronic, indulgent band-waggoning that precedes any original or intuitive thought.

Lynch mob mentality. :rolleyes:

Occasionally being hungry, purging and fasting is good for your health.

The backward thinking, obese lard munchers in the western world have forgotten what a 'healthy' diet is.

It is not so much as to starve yourself to appease God but to refrain from being a greedy, overweight glutton.

You have to ask yourself why are so many morons overweight. :rolleyes:

but surely fasting doesn't feature in ANY mainstream fitness/health/wellbeing plan? it's a religious notion surely? The west is blighted by greed, excessive fat, gluttony, too large GDP etc...?

back to religion.... when will you learn.....

Must read headings more closely i thought this was about Fisting

Any left-footers on here must remember that until about 30 years ago Catholics were supposed to fast for 12 hours before receiving Holy Communion.

I'm not into the religious mumbo jumbo that goes on, believe in what you believe.

But I watched a programme on TV last night regarding sleep disorders. And it was 'suggested', not yet medically proven, that when your body clock is out of sync, ie on long haul flights, that fasting for a certain period resets it, and you return to your normal sleep pattern virtually immediately.

You are talking about the "food clock". Supposedly related to hunter gathering. it is not simply fasting for a set period, it is fasting and then not eating on the flight, or when you arrive until the next available breakfast. It will reduce jet lag. It is evidenced in trails, what is not proven is why it works. The "food clock" is hypothesis.

Yes unproven, but by the small sample in the programme, shows it can work. A placebo has been shown to work. If you 'think' you are pregnant, then you display signs of being pregnant, strange thing the body, but to dismiss them, without trying them is unhelpful. The world is flat remained for years. So embrace the future my friend! All in nature is to yet be discovered.

Sponsored Links
Back