Fathers day,load of tosh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fathers day,like mothers day is just a load of tosh made up by card sellers and now expands to presents,, my kids have been pestering me all week what I want and I tell them nothing as its a waste of time/money but no doubt they will get me something..... but isn't this just a load of carp

Sponsored Links
Just think yourself lucky that there isn't a 'second cousin twice removed day'...

...yet.

Fathers day,like mothers day is just a load of tosh made up by card sellers and now expands to presents,, my kids have been pestering me all week what I want and I tell them nothing as its a waste of time/money but no doubt they will get me something..... but isn't this just a load of carp

Speak for yourself I look forward to my annual packet of of Bertie bassets.

Sponsored Links
I place flowers on my Dad's grave every Fathers Day morning.

There's been so much death and hurt in my life, I kind of look forward to this particular day.

I sit down and tell him what's going on in the world, how things have changed. I ask him if he's looking after certain people for me.
(He always joked I wouldn't get to heaven myself because I didn't 'believe')

Fathers Day is a really important day for me and for many others, for multitudes of reasons.

Long may it continue.

I have told mine, no more damn cups and no chocolate (on a diet).

Cant even go fishing for the day because I cant be assed at driving 10 miles for bait.

Important day for fathers that are separated from their living children aswell.
So a sad, but important day for those/us also.

Important day either way AJ. IMO anyway.

Gott Sei Dank, as they say in Deutschland.

My bottle of Bells is almost empty, I don't Know how I would manage without fathers day, birthdays and xmas. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cant even go fishing for the day because I cant be assed at driving 10 miles for bait.

Stay here long enough then there will be more bait than you would know what to do with. ;)

For every father who enjoys father's day (and mother who enjoys mother's day, come to that), there are many for whom these days are sad and upsetting.
As Bodgeit said, it's a money-making thing which plays on peoples emotions.

Sponsored Links
Back