missing a father figure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ladies here dont take offence please.
Today, I went visit a girlfriend who was poorly and laid up on couch.

Her dad was upstairs tiling her shower and doing other things that dads do.

(Look, dont turn on me, single mothers, feminists etc.. this is about ME, not you ok.. let me indulge myself...)

I stood in her kitchen making her a cuppa and a meal and had a real good sob to myself. (didnt let her see because she would feel bad then)

I miss my dad.

I am getting loads done to my house right now and I want my dad to come and do these jobs with me... you know..

oh.. soppy me and all that, but I wish my dad could turn up with his tools and know how and make everything ok...

hubby's dad died when he was a little boy too so neither of us have had a male diy ist input.

I envy those who have this or do this for their kids.

Im not being miserable... and you lot here answer my questions... just saying..

Sponsored Links
were here. combined, we know more....

so what was the problem? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
oh moz..... good job no one can see me now.. having feeling sorry for myself moment but instantly cheered up...
tear filled eyes, runny nose...
but now having to wipe the computer keyboard because Im laughing too...

cheer up ....toffee ;)
as long as you dont keep getting the freds ...locked ..lol,we will all be ok ;) :)

Yeah, cheer up toffee. This'll make you smile. I get bored being a gasman sometimes [ crap/grumpy customers] and dream of having a really good job. So I was thinking of what that could be. I reckon my perfect job would be being a ladies 'lower hair' sylist! I would call my company Mark's Muffs. Do you reckon it would catch on. Need some advise on equipment, syles etc :D

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

Moz :LOL:

Toffee, sorry about your dad, my mam died 3 years ago ( 55 ) sudden death, walking down the stairs in her house. not that she was any good at diy :)
But i understand about the daughter/farther bond.

ohh, my pals here... im laughing, wiping eyeliner and snot (i'll regret this)from my face... im cheered up.

My Dad left when I was under 2.

He hasn't been around for a long time, and although I see him now, he's not there in the important sense.

My 6 yo asked if he would play snakes and ladders with him. His answer? A plain "No."

I feel hostility towards him because he has never made an effort - even now, he comes to see us (infrequently) so he has control over how long he stays with us.

He only rings when he wants my help with a problem. I don't feel like a son at all.

Anyway, my sob over.

On a thread and locked note, I posted in support of you toffee, saying that the least the mods could do was to explain their logic on why some posts escape deletion/locking and others don't. I pointed out that without the posters, there would be no forum. Guess what?

IT WAS DELETED!!!

Ha, ha.....

im boosted... by shock tactics, loving supportive tactics.. all tactics... thank you.. !!!!!!

securespark said:
On a thread and locked note, I posted in support of you toffee, saying that the least the mods could do was to explain their logic on why some posts escape deletion/locking and others don't. I pointed out that without the posters, there would be no forum. Guess what?

IT WAS DELETED!!!

Ha, ha.....

see my thread in forum information (since i expect the mods to delete it, it was also emailed to admin)

yes... its an uncertain climate here right now.

well....was reading through...can't figure out why women in general would be offended, even feminists....if you dont have a dad...for whatever reason, and you know some one who does and they're the type to help out....then it's only natural to feel a little envious...not sure that's the word. I don't have a dad either anymore...and I miss both him and my mom every day! Yes...I have friends who help and there are men in my life...but not the same thing...never will be. Toffee, sorry...I do know how it feels :(

Sponsored Links
Back