faulty cd radio cassette recorder.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,i've got a phillips AZ1008 cd radio cassette recorder which has been in the attic for two years.Ive decided to give it to my grandson but the cd's will not play,i've done all the basic things,like clean the lens+so forth but no joy,has anyone got aclue what the problem can been?
Regards,
Claude

Sponsored Links
If it hasn't been used for some time then there's a chance that there's some corrosion or perhaps a capacitor has dried out. You may be lucky and be able to persuade the unit back in to life if you start to use it constantly.

Whatever the cause, if you have done the basics and found that running the unit for a week hasn't improved things then the next stage involves taking the thing to bits. They're a bit of a chinese puzzle when you start to take out screws, and they're a swine to put back together successfully too. DIY repairs are not for the faint hearted. A repairer is going to charge you more than the unit is worth.

A new CD boombox with an iPod dock (a 'cool' feature) will cost less than £50 and earn you lot's of credibility points with your grandson. Here's a link If he doesn't know about your plan to gift him the AZ1008 then perhaps silence is golden ;) But if you've already tipped him off then the newer Philips will put you at the head of the hip Grandad list :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back