faulty ideal isar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I have an ideal isar condensing combi which has stopped working. Recently the led light would flash and i would have to reset the boiler to get either hot waaater or heating. Often i would have to press the reset button 4 or 5 times. This morning there was nothing. No led lights. The boiler on light is working but nothing else. Anything i can do, whats happened to it. Obviously i will need to get an engineer to fix it.

Jessica

Sponsored Links
If its a red light I assume it is an M30100. I've had several of these that have gone like this and it has always been the pcb :cry:

thanks for replying Dave.

Yes its a Isar M30100. Its been playing up for a while. It would flash the symbols L then F on the panel. I would then have to press the reset button a few times and it would then work. However, this morning nothing appeared in the LED screen. Power light is on but nothin is happening at all when i press the reset button.

Is this a worn out PCB then as you said (sounds expensive) or something else. I would really like to know and money is tight at the moment.

Jessica

Is this one of the models where the AAV leaks and disables the display and usually cooks the transformer in then PCB and blows the inbuilt thermal fuse?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Never had an aav leak on one of these YET Tony.

OP try pulling out the fuse holder on the lef of the pcb case and check the fuse.

Last one I fitted cost around £300. Could be worth a call to Ideal and ask about a fixed price call out.

gas4you said:
Never had an aav leak on one of these YET Tony.

OP try pulling out the fuse holder on the lef of the pcb case and check the fuse.

Last one I fitted cost around £300. Could be worth a call to Ideal and ask about a fixed price call out.

i would also advise you to call ideal, boiler out of warranty call, 170 quid. we will come out and replace all parts that need replacing to get it going. i have seen the aav leak and take out the boards, its rare, and usually if the customer runs the boiler with no water in it!! why we never incorporated a low water cut off switch is a ****ing mystery to me!

I have had to replace a AAV or two as well

but found that the seal on the primary flue and heat exhanger leaks and it drips right onto the jack on the main PCB.

think that was on earlier HE models have not had that for ages now, did they sort that one Ideal Man?

corgiman said:
I have had to replace a AAV or two as well

but found that the seal on the primary flue and heat exhanger leaks and it drips right onto the jack on the main PCB.

think that was on earlier HE models have not had that for ages now, did they sort that one Ideal Man?

yeah mate, they used a slightly smaller flue manifold gasket for a period, this caused a few leakers, now all come with the thicker flue manifold gasket, i used to hate changing them as you could never get the flue to lift up far enough to get the manifold out! least with the old m30100 the aav was easy to get out, the new HE one is a right **** to change as its behind the flue manifold!! yet another great idea....NOT! lol

Is there any boiler maker who doesnt sit there thinking

"how can I arrange this boiler to really **** off a service engineer later"

I dont think so

:)

well the men with suits make it hard for us on a cold wet sunday night with screaming customers and a cramped space

oh woe is me

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back