Faulty Remeha boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 28c combi about three years old, It has developed a problem in that the hot water works fine but the boiler is on all the time i.e. the fan is running and the pump but does not fire up for the central heating but the boiler does fire up for hot water ok. I have changed the mech timer and it has no other controls attached. Water pressure is fine no leaks, diverter valve is not stuck and the motor works, also no fault codes.
I really do not want to go and throw parts at it as I really do not have the money so I would like to try and sus it right first time.
And baxi are not helpful at all.
1. boiler will not swicth off when clock is in off position
2. hot water works fine
3. when it called to heat rads it doesn't

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I would have thought the boiler was still covered by the five year warranty.

Probably not if he has not bothered to get it serviced!

Tony

It was the eco version so only had a 2 year warranty and it has been serviced every year since it was out in by a gas safe engineer.

My question is has anyone come accross this before?

Sponsored Links
did this suddenly happen?

when you press the R button what number is displayed?

check that you have the right setting for

P3 should be 1
P4 should be 2
P5 should be 0

the above settings are easily changed by mistake if you have tried to alter the heating temp or hot water temp

Thank you for your replies.

I have already turned off the pre heat a long time ago

The number displayed is 8

It happened intermittently to start with but now does not work.

Just to add the boiler is switched off on the time clock but still keeps running with only 1 red dot showing, 2 still come on when hot water is demanded.

Would you think that the pcb should be replaced as the first part

are you sure you have wired the clock up correctly ? one dot is the boiler in standby two dots is working, i never leave it set like this & always turn the display on permenantly so you can see what the boiler is doing

On the advice of the baxi rep who I tracked down as baxi the company where A holes! was to replace the clock which I did and the numbers are on the cables and matched but alas still the same.

Paragraph 4.3 control stop or lockout.

the code 8 is a control stop and will appear if the measured flow temperature t1 is higher than the flow temperature set.
the boiler will start automatically once the flow temperature falls below the flow temperature set.

sounds like your boiler is waiting for the temperature of the flow sensor to drop to below what you have set it at.

phew.

That sounds complicated! and feel you should get out more if you new that :) more than baxi numpties new but the boiler is swtched off and should not be doing anything other than looking like a whiite box on the wall, but instead just keep pumping and the fan keeps truging on pointlesly unless I put it out of its misery and pull the plug!

i think you need to get someone to look at it, it could be the settings have been changed you can set the pump over run to 99 mins, the settings need to be checked before they start throwing parts at it, btw i've never had to change a pcb on these

you could reset the boiler to its factory settings to remove any incorrect user settings.

all is explained in the makers instruction book which came with your boiler.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
could be a number of things but as the hot water works it points towards a flow problem with the heating.

the isolation valves on the flow and return are open?

any work on the boiler which requires the front cover removing should only be carried out by a gassafe registered engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back