Faulty shower change like for like

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my son's shower has packed up and there seems to be a newer version of his current model with the same KW rating can this just be changed like for like. I have looked at the installation guide for this current model and it recommends having an RCD fitted. Does this apply to a straight swap out or would this just be for the installation of a shower with a higher rating.

The fuseboard is one of those old Wylex fuse cartridge types so I doubt that you can fit an RCB to this so it would probably have to have a separate shower CU fitted next to it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As long as the new shower has electric terminal block ,and water inlet positions in the same place as the old shower it should be fairly easy to swap over. Unfortunately shower manufacturers ,when upgrading models ,don't always stick to the same layout. RCD protection is required on electric shower circuit.

Sponsored Links
Think the heating element must of gone probably due to it's age.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back