faulty swich possibly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ooked t old double switch past occupent has wired in new mains switch box
also trying tio find a problem extactor fan and lights are on the same switch but also noticed a loop undone old cable re placed all back as found can get fan working every time but not the lights

Sponsored Links
shajac said:

can you reword that please?

Crafty said:
the fan and lights are on the same switch - PERFECTLY NORMAL ffs.

Ahem! :eek:

Welcome to the forum shajac! :)
Don't worry, not everyone here is so abrupt. Crafty has an excuse, he works for the Co-Op so has no idea how to deal with the public :rolleyes:

Lights and fan on the same switch is quite normal, no need to be alarmed.
You say the fan works but not the lights, are you sure the fixture itself isn't faulty? How many cables go into the lighting fixture? Is it a bathroom extractor fan, does it have a switchoff delay?

If you can provide additional information then maybe we can help more.
-Dan[/url]

Sponsored Links
As the problem started with his tinkering, i suggest this is what is at fault.

And toasty, i responded in a manner fit for the original post. There was no punctuation, grammar or indeed correct use of spellings in it. It, in fact, made little sense, so I saw no reason to be polite.

this should be in the electrics forum, or possibly the electrics, non UK forum since the OP can't use the language very well..

It looks like one of those spam emails where they just throw together a completely random selection of words. :rolleyes:

shajac said:
also trying tio find a problem extactor fan and lights are on the same switch but also noticed a loop undone old cable re placed all back as found can get fan working every time but not the lights

found the fault broken neut cable at fan also double switch unit busted

crafty get a life whats a bit of grammar just learning dont give up the co-op

Why all the malice towards this poor guy? :oops:

Fair enough his punctuation and spelling aren't the best, but this is a DIY forum, frequented by tradesmen, not poets. Surely we can forgive a few grammatical errors, both his posts are quite easy to understand.

I really can't see the sense in having a pop at him, criticizing his english and making no effort to answer his query is no help to anyone. I just love it how being a regular on here with a few other people to support you means you can effectively bully a newcomer. :eek:

shajac, I hope this whole sorry event hasn't put you off posting further questions.

It's easy to be unpleasant, abrupt and insulting in a virtual sense with no real interaction with the recipient. I suspect the offenders would be far less likely to act the same way in person and this is probably why they feel the need to be so prickly on-line - to make up for insecurities they have in the real world.

-Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back