Diagram showing how to connect switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELLO ALL, New to site and would realy appriciate any help with the following, am in process of conecting new board in garage with 4 double sockets in ring main and 2 florecent lights , and was looking for diagram explaining how to wire a 2 way single light switch with power from board into switch then out of switch to 2 florecent lights one in the attic and one in ground floor of garage, the swich has 2 common imputs and 2 1 way and 2 2 way imputs marked on bottom of switch, also since the swich is plastic and box is plastic what way is earth wired, I am using 3 core cable with 1 feed from board and a feed from each of the florecent lights, the cable is coloured earth blue and brown, Thanks for help, paul T.

Sponsored Links
From your description you have given I personally do not think you are competent to carry out this work and as it is notifiable would advise you to get a registered electrician in to carry out the work

sorry paul T i have to agree with ricicle, since you also called the cable by its wrong name, we would like to see you post here again.

I suggest you try a search for part p on this forum. you will then see why you should also not be doing the work

ricicle, i fear if we dont tell him, we'll have a dead body on our hands.

connect all the blues together.

connect all the earths together.

connect the brown from the CU to the 2 COMs

connect the browns to the lights to the 2 L1 terminals.

Not difficult. But yes, you should be notifying your local council about this under part p.

Is one fluorescent light enough? Some people have 4 in a 1-car garage.

Sponsored Links
Crafty 1289, Thanks for your Help, Think il manage to complete task without injury, il also get local spark to inspect before i finaly swich on MCB, Regards paul.

i would suggest you ask him before you do anything, you may find he wont want to inpect it.

depends hw much of a friend he is.

From what i read on here he is no friend at all, since if he was, he would have told you how to do it

He may be using 3 core (flexible) cable, which is within regulation.

Securespark, Yep Its Flex 3 core and within local regs here in ireland, paul T.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back