Fav and worst Xmas song or Carol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now that it is Dec 1st i think it is time for a festive thread.

My fav Xmas song is the Pogues Fairy Tale of New York
but I probably will be sick of it by the time Xmas comes.

The worst has got to be The Cheeky Girls and their Cheeky Christmas single. Also Bo Selecta was equally c**k with his Proper Krimbo.
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
One of my favourites is also the Pogues with Kirsty Mcholl but if we're talking carols I
love Oh Holy Night sung by Nat King Cole or Mariah Carey.

Worst has got to be that bloody Mr Blobby thing, can't remember what it's called now but it's annoying.

My fav is probably 'Rockin around the Christmas Tree' by Brenda Lee as it always reminds me of 'the greatest film of all time' - Home Alone (well i liked it when i was a kid!) I also like All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey. Oh and 'Baby it's Cold Outside' by Tom Jones and Cyrys Matthews.

Worst is probably Cheeky Girls or Cliff's millenium prayer (thats Cliff 'i should have packed up years ago' Richard - just for clarification)

Incidentally, Mr Blobby had a Christmas No.1 but i don't think it'd really be classed as a Christmas song, would it? It deserves credit for keeping Take That off no.1 at Christmas which was funny as hell. And before you ask....yes i do have a copy of Mr Blobby's single (in my defence i was 11 at the time!)

Sponsored Links
Mr Hanky's Christmas Album was pretty good... "Merry #?*£ing Christmas" being one of the best songs on there.

Also great is "Step Into Christmas" by Elton John, simply for the weird bit where he slowly brings out his football club's membership card and grins at the camera.

It's a simple fact that all the best Christmas music was made in the 1970s. :idea: ;)

One of my favourites is also the Pogues with Kirsty Mcholl but if we're talking carols I
love Oh Holy Night sung by Nat King Cole or Mariah Carey.

Worst has got to be that b****y Mr Blobby thing, can't remember what it's called now but it's annoying.
ANYTHING by Mariah Carey is cack in my opinion. Looking at her is vomit inducing! Nat and the Pogues are brilliant though.

ANYTHING by Mariah Carey is cack in my opinion. Looking at her is vomit inducing! Nat and the Pogues are brilliant though.
;)
fairytale of new york class :LOL: :LOL: ;)
;) Aye, here it is marra:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff3aoSyYOVs

A great one for St Patrick's, New Year etc is 'Irish Rover' (Pogues & The Dubliners). I have it blasting out when I'm in on my own. My house is detached, I don't inflict my music upon my neighbours.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NbpD7lgIiXo

And I love 'Dirty Old Town'. Got it playing quietly in the background now.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUZuVZWHkk

Must be me Irish Roots coming through (Fatha's side).

Favourite carol,, "In The Bleak Mid Winter"....Favourite Christmas song,, David Essex,, "Winters Tale"........Least favourite carol,, easy,,, "Vorderman" :LOL:

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Back