Favorites in IE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully someone may be able to help. I have had cause to completely reinstall windows (7) on my laptop. All my internet favaouries are in a folder called "favourites". I thought that this folder was created from exporting favourites from IE. However, I tried reimporting but it just does not work saying that the filename is wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried renaming the file,I have just exported and imported favourites and they were put into a htm file.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried renaming the folder as Bookmark.HTM but still no good. I will try to save the contents of the folder as Bookmark.HTM

Sponsored Links
Have you tried Microsoft help.

In Internet Explorer, click Favorites, click the down-arrow next to Add to Favorites, and then click Import and Export.
Click Import from a file, and then click Next.
Click to select the Favorites check box, and then click Next.
By default, Internet Explorer creates a Bookmark.htm file in your Documents folder. However, you can import favorites that are saved under another name. To do this, click Browse, select a file or type a location and file name, and then click Next.
Select the folder where you want to put the imported bookmarks, and then click Import.
Click Finish.

Back