FCU and single socket?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there such a thing?

Im after a single socket on one side and a FCU (either switched or unswitched) on the other which will fit in a double box.

A bit like a cooker switch but I need 13A not 45A.

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
A dualbox, slightly bigger than the double though.

Ps, hows the pyro :)

So would I have to change the back box?

Cant really do that as its in a tiled kitchen, don't wanna damage/change tiles etc?

The pyro is still going strong thanks, only gets light use (light/drill/radio) every now and then, RCD has not tripped once :)

Yes, you'd need to change the back box to a dual one.
This is notifiable to your LABC under part p.

Sponsored Links
Not ideal, but a surface one will fit over the front, providing wires are long enough

Just googled duel box and I see what you mean, just to singles side by side.

What are you trying to achieve? What have you got at the moment?
Just got a double socket at the mo.

Just had to replace integrated fridge, couldnt plug it into the original hidden socket without pulling half my kitchen out. Have had to route the plug to a socket above the counter .

Wanted to use a FCU instead of a plug to prevent it being unplugged by accident.

Thats a good suggestion by nozspark I didnt know they existed!

I was gonna suggest chasing in a fcu beside existing socket (it can be done carefuly without damaging tiles).

Yes good call,

maybe its me but cant find a FCU on that page

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back