FCU on spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came across this and currently in dispute with occupier over its acceptability.

16A MCB in shed CU supplying radial in 2.5mm2 singles in conduit for power. Power sockets are two DSSO one fed from the other - daisy chained or spurred off a spur.

My view is that if you are going to spur off a spur then there should be a 13A FCU before the first DSSO to limit the total as converting to a ring is difficult with the number of singles already in the conduit.

Occupiers view is that I'm looking for work and that as the radial is on a 16A MCB the cable can take 16A so what's the problem. Can see his point but I like to do things correctly. Am I being too pedantic?

Sponsored Links
I don't see the spur. From your description I see it as a 16A radial with two sockets on it. It is already fused appropriately (a 20A radial would also have been suitable)

Cremeegg said:
Power sockets are two DSSO one fed from the other

As is the standard method for any radial circuit. 16A MCB with 2.5mm² cable feeding two sockets is fine. Can you explain why you think one of those sockets is a spur? By your reasoning you can only have one socket on a radial and any socket after that requires an FCU for protection, which as I'm sure you will agree, is ********* :LOL:

No I can't explain this moment of madness - other than being up the hospital with the kid all night !! Only one DSSO is run from the first DSSO as the start of a daisy chain.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back