FCU outside bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm fitting an electric towel radiator in the downstairs loo. My plan is to use a flex out on the inside zone 2 on the otherside of the wall (in the hall) put a fused spur timer switch to control when it comes on. My question is does it matter how high I mount the fused spur timer switch? Ideally i'd like to mount it just above the skirting board so that its not in the way but I can still see it to adjust the timer.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mathew,

I probably worded it wrong the electric rad is in zone 2 just as a bit of back round. I was wondering if it matters how high I mount the timer FCU in the hallway outside?

Thanks

Steve

Is there a bath or shower in there?

Current standards are to mount electrical accessories between 450mm and 1200mm above the finished floor (that is approx 18" min to 4' max)

these are sizes that you can conveniently reach even if you are fat, pregnant, have a bad back, a stiff knee, or are in a wheelchair

In an old house, you can fit accessories at inconvenient heights if you want to, but they will still be inconvenient, and as people become acclimatised to the standard heights, they will think yours look very peculiar.

Sponsored Links
Hi, i'm fitting an electric towel radiator in the downstairs loo. My plan is to use a flex out on the inside zone 2 on the otherside of the wall (in the hall) put a fused spur timer switch to control when it comes on.
Wouldn't a thermostat in the same room as the radiator be a better way to control it?

Or get a rad with a built-in thermostat?

the electric rad is in zone 2
Is there a bath or shower in there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back