"Feature" wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to do 3 walls in an off-white and one wall in a bold colour (plain plastered walls). But the edge i'm getting in the corner between the two colours is awful.

Any tips on how to get a straight line? Will masking tape work? I was a) worried it'd pull off the paint when i peeled it off and b) worried that paint would creep under it.

The paint i'm using is the crown metallic stuff, if that matters. The other walls are dulux silk.

any tips greatly appreciated.

thanks

slip

Sponsored Links
If I were doing this I would paint the dark wall first and take the colour just round the returns, then after that had dried, get a light tack masking tape and tape the edge into the corner then paint the light coloured walls. You will find it easier to repair the dark colour rather than the light colour if you have any mishaps. I also use small rollers into the corners.

Dark wall first is a good idea, I wouldn't go round the returns as suggested above though. I'd go for a straight line first go using the tape. Depends on the contrats of colours but for me, getting dark paint on a light wall is going to be a pain

When done Light tack masking tape the dark wall, and paint your light line

And basically go steady, don't overload and you shouldn't get creeping under. Think of the tape as more of a guide/precaution, don't assume it's going to allow you to throw the paint on thick and fast. Angle of the brush is important too

Light tack tape is a must though - anything else and you'll pull bits off when you remove it

Basically I've done exactly what you are suggesting and the results were fine. Just a matter of taking your time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back