fed up with your job ?

The unintended consequence of the furlough scheme is that people who would normally work hard to pay their rent, have had nearly a year on the bench and are finding it hard to get back in to the swing.

I've heard so many people say they don't want to go back to work.
I've read people boasting about it...

Money for nothing!

Meanwhile...

"Job vacancies have hit a record high...
The number of vacancies hit 953,000 in the three months to July, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said."

Sponsored Links
It is nice to be in an economy where we are rebounding from Covid very quickly though.

The unintended consequence of the furlough scheme is that people who would normally work hard to pay their rent, have had nearly a year on the bench and are finding it hard to get back in to the swing.

As I'm in receipt of one of my pensions I nade the decision earlier this year to refuse all job offers to allow younger people than me the work and wages. I'm still being asked to new jobs and getting job offers so I guess there are lots of people who just don't want to work (or to better themselves?).

It is nice to be in an economy where we are rebounding from Covid very quickly though.
We're not even close to getting back to pre covid levels, and a large proportion of people haven't got back to pre 2010 levels!

Only a few are benefitting, and strangely they mostly seem to have been in receipt of useless tory government contracts!

Sponsored Links
It's all just BS though, isn't it?
Nobody can come here and claim benefits. EUs used to be able to, but we left the EU. I once lived in a house with 2 Spanish sisters that were mostly living on benefits, and doing some waitressing work for a bit extra money. London hospitality relies heavily on this sort of worker.

Most people want to work, and as we keep being reminding, everybody coming here is an economic migrant, not a refuge, so they must be coming here to work, not live off the state....

And we mustn't forget, countries that have good welfare have less crime. Try living somewhere with no welfare (or close door to the travelling community, same difference) and you will soon appreciate the concept of helping those that need it.

I would be more than happy not going to work - but then I never stopped during this pandemic.
I never get bored at a weekend though, always too much to do!

It's a fine balance, reduce benefits to encourage work and crime increases. Increase benefits and people don't want to work. I recently hired a lady who had worked as a duty solicitor for many years. She left for the corporate world because she was fed up with defending benefit cheating drug dealers which made up about 90% of her "clients".

of course I do

we were so poor when I was a kid
me and my sister had to share one pair of shoes

that’s why we were never out the house at the same time

and recycle tea bags

I know how rich you are, I’ve often driven past Transam Towers, a huge great plumbers mansion in leafy surrey :D

When I was a kid, I thought we were really poor as all the kids with free school meals had designer clothes, Nike trainers and posh sports bags. I had trainers from Tesco home and wear. Parents couldn't afford to smoke either and our holidays were spent in a tent.

defending benefit cheating drug dealers which made up about 90% of her "clients".

I had an unpleasant run in with a local drug dealer a few years ago.
Glad they don't need to mug people for money!

Sponsored Links
Back