Feeding mature apple trees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just pruned a 15-20 year old apple tree that was overgrown.Can anyone suggest a feed that I could put on it to maybe give it a boost next year ?

Sponsored Links
I would say if it's been there 15-20 years without feed it's getting all it needs already.

I have not tried this but I read on a web site to feed with sulphate of potash, clear the grass away from around the tree and sprinkle in the potash in spring. Hard pruning can cause the tree to put on lots of growth so it should be done over several years. I was always told that it should be possible to throw a foot ball through the middle of a tree.

sulphate of potash is good, but it will benefit from an all round fertiliser that will give it a dose of nitrogeon, potassium and phosphate. this can take the form of a liquid feed or a foliar feed which you spray onto the tree. it will certainly help to give it a boost

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back