Feeling fined, are you?

Sponsored Links
There was some nonsense down this way a good while back

We’re bye plod stopped speeding drivers and had school children present who would than lecture the driver in the presence of plod about speeding ??

Reminded me of The the cultural Revolution in Maos China we’re bye children we’re used to denounce there parents ect

Same kids were probably dropped off at there schools by the parents exceeding the speed limit

Speed cameras saving lives is a load of BS. Casually rates are due to drugs, alcohol, unlicensed drivers and of course increased use (post covid).

Speed cameras saving lives is a load of BS. Casually rates are due to drugs, alcohol, unlicensed drivers and of course increased use (post covid).
On speed awareness courses they tell you they are located at accident black spots - In fact at one course I did they said look at the Sussex accident data which concurs.

personally I think you are 100% correct: it’s BS.

Sponsored Links
Casually rates are due to
"...The DTLR has stated that "speed is a major contributory factor in around one third of all road traffic accidents. This means that each year excessive and inappropriate speed helps to kill 1,200 people and to injure over 100,000 more...."

You were saying... :rolleyes:

i was talking about my county as i mentioned in the first line and yes they are all turned off and have been for years''
Yep i must have been having a pint with the chief constable.
"Northamptonshire's police chief Nick Adderley has addressed the fact that all of the county's speed cameras are switched off."
Oh yes, Northamptonshire, rose of the shires and home of the stealth tax.

I have had 3 speeding tickets at various times all collected in Northamptonshire.

I wouldn't for one minute believe anything any copper said about speed cameras being turned off.

I would say speed is a major contributory factor in ALL accidents, if no one moves, no accidents.
Quite.

Given that one has to move in order to travel, it would be prudent to have laws and speed limits for those who wish to travel on roads that are occupied by more than one traveller or pedestrian.

Oh yes, Northamptonshire, rose of the shires and home of the stealth tax.

I have had 3 speeding tickets at various times all collected in Northamptonshire.

I wouldn't for one minute believe anything any copper said about speed cameras being turned off.
dont believe it all you want but its been publicised for years and i go through several on a daily basis they were turned off in 2011

Worrying that when you watch Police Interceptors/Road Wars type programmes, many of the unininsured and unlicenced mainly younger drivers, who "only just bought the car yesterday", are also up on weed and/or coke. I'm actually surprised there aren't more accidents.

Worrying that when you watch Police Interceptors/Road Wars type programmes, many of the unininsured and unlicenced mainly younger drivers, who "only just bought the car yesterday", are also up on weed and/or coke. I'm actually surprised there aren't more accidents.
the only real traffic offence now is speeding, mostly attacked by speed cameras.

it costs money to have enough police to stop bad driving, which would have a much better longer term strategy. Bad positioning, speeding, poorly maintained cars, aggressive driving, lane discipline, and especially on motorways the weaving in and out. Then you get into the drink and drugs problems.

but it's low cost traffic control.

the only real traffic offence now is speeding, mostly attacked by speed cameras.

it costs money to have enough police to stop bad driving, which would have a much better longer term strategy. Bad positioning, speeding, poorly maintained cars, aggressive driving, lane discipline, and especially on motorways the weaving in and out. Then you get into the drink and drugs problems.

but it's low cost traffic control.

Agree. Police seem to have retreated from policing the roads where I am. See lots of things going on that wouldn't have been able years ago. Maybe police are relying on public to start policing the roads with dashcam footage.

Still need to watch yourself in yer van

"Northamptonshire Police has invested millions in roads policing and deploys a fleet of mobile speed enforcement vans using digital cameras covering more than 170 locations county-wide."

Sponsored Links
Back