Feeling fined, are you?

Sponsored Links
How can "stats" tell you if a particular crime is on the up or going down? They can only tell you how many arrests / convictions / cautions / reported incidents there are, surely?
No, they really can. It is contingent on a little common sense, education and intelligence. Quite beyond the gentleman on the Clapham omnibus, let alone forum idiots.

I have the perception that drug use is on the up. You can constantly smell weed in most towns and cities. But according to stats. It’s only slightly on the up tick and nothing like what it was in the 90s

Hmm, stats. I can't believe that weed was more prevalent 30 years ago. Nowadays, like you, I'm smelling it everywhere - in the street, walking past houses and cars. Two scuzzers in regulation grey trackromper suits were sitting in the middle of local precinct openly smoking it last summer. Don't remember there being a dope farm on every street in the 90s. Maybe it was different supply in resin form, but it's everywhere now. Police have lost the battle.

Don't remember there being a dope farm on every street in the 90s.
The same old duffers conveniently 'don't remember' ever being kids themselves whilst simultaneously blaming present day kids for all of our ills.

Incredible what old duffers are capable of forgetting.

Sponsored Links
Hmm, stats. I can't believe that weed was more prevalent 30 years ago. Nowadays, like you, I'm smelling it everywhere - in the street, walking past houses and cars. Two scuzzers in regulation grey trackromper suits were sitting in the middle of local precinct openly smoking it last summer. Don't remember there being a dope farm on every street in the 90s. Maybe it was different supply in resin form, but it's everywhere now. Police have lost the battle.
It isn't.
But CBD is.
And it's legal.

No, they really can. It is contingent on a little common sense, education and intelligence. Quite beyond the gentleman on the Clapham omnibus, let alone forum idiots.
Not when the statistics are fiddled or just not collected.

Blup

And here is the data showing the cause of fatalities as reported by plod.

232 Fatal accident due to speeding. Not even 10%

Less than those caused by defective road surface.
10 x more [than speeding] caused by driver error.
3 x more caused by not being fit or distracted.

Then we have those who died, who were tested for drugs. A jump of 50%.

Everything points to training and attitude, substance abuse, not compliance or non compliance with the numbers on the clock, by otherwise reasonable drivers.

Speeding fines are a cash cow, no doubt, but a 20 limit outside a school has got to be safer than a 30 limit.

Blup

The same old duffers conveniently 'don't remember' ever being kids themselves whilst simultaneously blaming present day kids for all of our ills.

Incredible what old duffers are capable of forgetting.

When I was a kid, it was a "ciggie and a single", or some booze nicked from a parent's cupboard.

Even in uni, when I was there in the early nineties, smoking dope / resin / whatever was far less common than nowadays.

The smell of dope is so common now; I even smelled it when putting my washing out the other day (and I live in a quiet, codger-riddled cul-de-sac).
Go for a walk along a road, and I bet you'll smell a driver puffing the stuff within five minutes.

Speaking to a mate at (second-born's) football game yesterday, he said that punters were openly snorting cocaine off car keys, when he was at Cheltenham on Friday. Not even bothering to go to the bogs, or a quiet corner.

In my experience, it is massively-more common nowadays than it was even fifteen years ago, let alone thirty.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back