Feeling fined, are you?

Sponsored Links
"...The DTLR has stated that "speed is a major contributory factor in around one third of all road traffic accidents. This means that each year excessive and inappropriate speed helps to kill 1,200 people and to injure over 100,000 more...."

You were saying... :rolleyes:
You probably didn’t understand what they are saying. Speeding is speed above the limit. Nothing more nothing less. Lots and lots of research on the difference between driving too fatst for the conditions and speeding.

You probably didn’t understand what they are saying. Speeding is speed above the limit. Nothing more nothing less.
Oh contraire. I have yet to see a speed camera prosecution of those going on or below the proscribed speed limit boyo.

Worrying that when you watch Police Interceptors/Road Wars type programmes, many of the unininsured and unlicenced mainly younger drivers, who "only just bought the car yesterday", are also up on weed and/or coke. I'm actually surprised there aren't more accidents.
I have the perception that drug use is on the up. You can constantly smell weed in most towns and cities. But according to stats. It’s only slightly on the up tick and nothing like what it was in the 90s

Sponsored Links
Oh contraire. I have yet to see a speed camera prosecution of those going on or below the proscribed speed limit boyo.
I’ve never heard of a speed camera that can stop someone driving too fast for the conditions but under the limit. Or prevent them crashing 200m before or after the camera.

All they do is check speed at the precise location installed. Since most are covertly installed, the driver doesn’t even know he’s been done at the time. So there is little deterrent or education.

Fortunately the funding pyramid scheme stopped and now, plod want the money they are incentivised to offer driver improvement.

I’ve never heard of a speed camera that can stop someone driving too fast for the conditions but under the limit. Or prevent them crashing 200m before or after the camera.

All they do is check speed at the precise location installed. Since most are covertly installed, the driver doesn’t even know he’s been done at the time. So there is little deterrent or education.

Fortunately the funding pyramid scheme stopped and now, plod want the money they are incentivised to offer driver improvement.
Only morons or those not paying attention don't slow down for speed cameras and the like. Speeding (breaking the speed limit) is optional.

Excessive speed is the factor in a majority of UK deaths and serious accidents and none of your protestations will change that. Speed kills.

excessive speed will be a major factor in any crash. But speed cameras don’t monitor excessive speed.

50mph round a bend on a NSL might be excessive speed. But your camera won’t go off

Only morons or those not paying attention don't slow down for speed cameras and the like.
I don't slow down for speed cameras.
I don't need to slow down for speed cameras; I'm always travelling at, or below the limit - does that make me an inattentive moron! :unsure:

But speed cameras don’t monitor excessive speed.
What made you bring this irrelevant nugget into the conversation?

Excessive speed kills.

Speed cameras encourage folk to slow down.

The rest of your arm waving is just waffle.

I have the perception that drug use is on the up. You can constantly smell weed in most towns and cities. But according to stats. It’s only slightly on the up tick and nothing like what it was in the 90s
You know the old saying. Lies, damned lies, and statistics

Blimey get boozed up
And assault some one and you would get a lesser fine than some of the fines given out for speeding offences

How can "stats" tell you if a particular crime is on the up or going down? They can only tell you how many arrests / convictions / cautions / reported incidents there are, surely?

Sponsored Links
Back