Felt support tray - correct installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

looking for any opinions as I'm not sure if I'm being picky about some work.

Had a roof re-covered, it's a old roof and the rafters are at the inside edge of the wall plate, not the outside edge. As a result the felt support tray wouldn't reach the rafters and instead has been nailed flat to the wall plate. As a result there is a gap between the felt and the wall plate where you can stick your hand through to the outside world.

Now personally I don't think this is an acceptable installation but that may be from the POV of a DIY'er so wondering if anyone else had any thoughts ?

coupla pictures in links below to visualise.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Jake

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ljhQIhT2mQCinKPYYi2Hbpj90yqoBJJn

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rpnb4FfpSYAnPV8h2uy9oErHBE_5unAR

Sponsored Links
I would have put in a piece of timber to support the trays.
Are these lead linned gutters?

Sponsored Links
@datarebal - odd, I've tried those links and they should work. I've uploaded them directly now.

@catlad - not lead lined no

@bobsuerita - prior to this renovation it wasn't, as part of this vents have been installed, they're under the felt support strips that have been nailed flat!

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 299
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 304
They are called underlay support trays. These support nothing. incorrect installation from what i see

so still unvented then
that must be a hell of a kick on the first tile they should of put small spockets on the rafter feet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back