Fence post wobble in spike

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we had a new fence post put into a metal spike concreted into the ground after the old post rotted and broke off in high winds. The post however is not level and moves in the spike as it's narrower than the spike. My question is asides from the bolt on one side (neighbours side) what can be done to secure it in an upright position? Would drilling a hole into the spike and putting another screw or bolt in with someone holding the post upright solve it? Thought about ramming a bit of old post down the gap too to pack it out. Please help as it's ripped one of the panels apart with its movement and the cowboy who did it is now refusing to answer my calls emails or texts!

Sponsored Links
Take it out and do it properly!

4x4 timber post, 450mm concreted into ground or a concrete post.

Andy

you can bodge with wooden wedges large 12x3" or similar screws screwed /knocked in one side [3 or 4 in the top off the gap down]till the post is slightly beyond vertical
then screws in the other side to take up the slack
then alternate sides untill the screws are as tight as you can get or are full inside

as i say a bodge but will reduce the movement athough may need redoing every couple off years or so as things move wear and bed in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back