Fence posts/concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am struggling by myself to concrete in some wooden fence posts (not ideal I know) for various reasons I am having to find novel ways of supporting the posts when I work and have decided to try and sort of jam the posts in with some shingle when I get the other posts/panels in line (the existing fence is all over the shop, so no easy line to follow...) ANYWAY....my question is; is it possible to mix the concrete up very thin mixture (lots of water) so that it will drain through the shingle and go off like that, rather than just pour it in dry (like it says on the packet) and risk having it just sit on top of the shingle...know what I mean? Any help/advice would me much appreciated! Thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Mix it moist (not wet, not dry!). Place post in hole. Ram a bit in around it - this will keep it steady enogh for you to check levels. When happy, gradually ram more and more in. At end of the day, pour water on and leav it well alone.

Dont totally fill the hole with concrete. Half fill and 'ram' bricks in to support the post in the correct position' add and tamp more concrete as necessary.

Lou.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back