Fence Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on fitting some new posts to support a bowed fence. It's individual 6" boards with a top, middle and bottom rail.
Just wondering if I should set the posts away from the rails a bit till the concrete/ post mix dries and then make up the gap with some treated timber. I'm more concerned about having solid posts and a straight fence than I am about a few packing pieces.

TIA.

Sponsored Links
Use post fix dries in 10 min full strength 24 hours, you fit a temporary bit of timber bracing at 45 degrees leaning against the fence as a support, but unless you get very high winds the post fix will hold them fine after an hour or so.

I've got the fence braced with scaff boards now. Seems pretty solid in the current breeze. Was just a bit concerned that even the slightest movement might spoil the final result.
Jury is still out on the postcrete stuff. Some seem to swear by it, others suggest a concrete dry mix. Job is postponed for now. I'll research the pros and cons of both methods over the weekend.
Thanks for the reply.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back