Fernox LSX on weeping pump valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a open vented system with a Potterton Suprima 30 non condensing boiler from 1999. The system is fine apart from weeping pump isolation valves. I had thought about draining and replacing however we intend to renew the boiler, drain and flush the system in the summer and obviously this would be the best time to do the job.

Wondered what opinion was on just applying some Fernox LSX to the weeps in the mean time. There seems to be only a very small amount of water escaping, the heating and HW work fine and the F/E tank is very clean.

Sponsored Links
that wont do anything unless you drain the system first, in which case you might as well just replace the valves.

are they gate or ball type?

Sponsored Links
Thanks - or I could try draining enough from the system to replace the valves I suppose. I would only have to drain a small amount as the pump is situated very close to the F/E tank. Only thing is I have one of those British Gas installed combined feed vent pipes. Does anyone see any issue with a partial drain like this until I can get the pipes flushed/new boiler etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back