Fernox omega filter , what reducers to use ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a fernox omega filter fitted on Saturday . It's 22m but my pipework is 15m , my boiler guy told me to get compression reducers to go with the filter .

Can anyone post a link to what I need please ? I'm getting the filter from Screwfix .
Thanks Jonny

Sponsored Links
Thanks , so I guess that just goes inside the the connectors on the filter ?
Thanks

The filter should be on the main return, as close to the boiler as possible, is main return (& flow?) pipework 15mm?? o_O

Sponsored Links
I must be honest though I hate those snap reducers,

I'd use the internal 3 piece reducers that have a separate internal olive

26416.jpg
https://www.toolstation.com/compression-reducer/p26416
or normal compression reducers and a little piece of 22mm to and from the filter.

68500_P

The filter should be on the main return, as close to the boiler as possible, is main return (& flow?) pipework 15mm?? o_O
Yes it's 15mm pipe work and I've got a feeling my gas guy might have have to fit the filter on the flow side of the boiler , I know it's not ideal and some might say useless . But I don't have a filter at all on it at the moment.
There isn't really any room on the return unless he adds some extra pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back