Magnetic Filters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking about installing a magnetic filter to my heating system in the summer and wondering what's the most recommended for fitting on here?
CD37i combi boiler.

Seen the Fernox omega, Trappex centramag genesis & spirotrap mb3

Sponsored Links
Certain magnets suit Certain pipe configuration. Somr Magnets may not work with your situation

Sponsored Links
For me it has to be Megnaclean.
If mix of plastic and copper, then Megnaclean Twin Tech 22mm. This filter has additional particulate filter that removes non magnetic film that plastic pipe generates

For me it has to be Megnaclean.
If mix of plastic and copper, then Megnaclean Twin Tech 22mm. This filter has additional particulate filter that removes non magnetic film that plastic pipe generates

I think in general Adey do the best filters but nor all will suit a situation.

Do you not know how a magnetic filter works. Or what I'm on about?

Of course, I know how a magnetic filter works. A rare earth magnet, inside a none magnetic tube, inside the filter compartment, from which - come filter clean time, the magnet can be removed, thus the magnetic particles can drop out to the bottom of the water compartment, to be rinsed out. In use, the system water swirls round the water compartment, with the magnetic particles collected, by the magnet.

No, I don't know what you are on about, which was why I asked.

Of course, I know how a magnetic filter works. A rare earth magnet, inside a none magnetic tube, inside the filter compartment, from which - come filter clean time, the magnet can be removed, thus the magnetic particles can drop out to the bottom of the water compartment, to be rinsed out. In use, the system water swirls round the water compartment, with the magnetic particles collected, by the magnet.

No, I don't know what you are on about, which was why I asked.
Thought so.

Sometimes if I'm doing a boiler job I'll take 2 or 3 different designs with the hope that at least 1 would work.

A job I priced this morning couldn't have a Magnet on the return to the boiler. Just wasn't the space.

He may go for one on the primary flow just before the air bottle and pump on a gravity system.

Not been beat yet from selection of Addey filters in an installation
I was looking for a suitable filter for a powerflush I've just priced. And they do seem to have more of a selection than the original design and the pro 2.

Sometimes I like to use the original as suits an insulation more so than the modern ones.

I've had a couple of non major problems with Adey products but on the whole I think they are good quality..

Reactions: DP
Sometimes if I'm doing a boiler job I'll take 2 or 3 different designs with the hope that at least 1 would work.

A job I priced this morning couldn't have a Magnet on the return to the boiler. Just wasn't the space.

Right, with you now - the physical design.

I put one of these on, also bought the adaptor for flushing the system
1704107391983.jpeg

centerbrand one from plumbcentre about 70 quid , clone of Adey atom at over 100 quid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back