Fernox TF1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since I have a problem with my boiler I decided to drain my TF1 to see if there was a lot of buildup inside, water that came was just a little discoloured but when I slid the magnet out I noticed that the magnet itself is corroding. Just wondered if somebody can tell me if this is normal?

Sponsored Links
bobby spray";p="3271600 said:
no it's not normal. How bad is the corrosion?[/quote

Thanks for your reply, it covers around 10% of the magnet and has taken off the top coating in these places. What would be causing this?

Sponsored Links
That's what I first thought but I didn't think the magnet actually comes in contact with the system water?

That's what I first thought but I didn't think the magnet actually comes in contact with the system water?

Youre right. It doesn't. Maybe some waters got into the pocket that holds the magnet. I wouldn't worry about it too much. It sounds like the corrosion is just cosmetic. You could give the magnet a spray of wd40 to prevent any further corrosion.

Yes - Mine is the same.

It's a design fault imho. The bleed valve point straight towards the hole that the magnet fits into on the TF1, and you can't change the angle of the bleed valve as it is on a screw thread.

As soon as you bleed it a few drops of water goes into the hole and there is stays.

I managed to dry mine out with a bit of kitchen paper stuck on the end of a kebab skewer - but please sort it out Fernox. Great filters apart from that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back