Ferrex Mini Compressor battery charger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi group, I purchased a 12v Ferrex Mini Air Compressor model XYZ544-UK-2020 from Aldi last month, I went to charge it today but I have that many adapters for tools and things that I'm not sure I'm using the right one.
The adapter I think it is states Model SF-689 Output 7.5V DC 400mA, basically I'm asking if any body else has bought one recently, would you mind cross referencing for me?
TIA Otto, West Cumbria

Sponsored Links
Aldi site says it comes with car charger lead 12v ( plug in car power supply).?

Sponsored Links
I went to charge it today but I have that many adapters for tools and things that I'm not sure I'm using the right one.

I try to remember to mark power adaptor with a label, so I know what they are intended to fit. The 7.5v item, might well be the correct charger, it depends on the voltage of the battery inside the compressor. Could you perhaps measure the voltage coming from the 12v car adaptor, to see what that outputs?

Just try it, if it works use it until you next go to aldi and then open a box and check.

It doesn't work, the led's on the battery don't light up, yes I'm in town tomorrow so I'll nip into Aldi and have a gander.
Good suggestion to mark the adapters, I'll be doing that in the future!
Thanks to all who replied, much appreciated, stay safe everyone....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back