Ferroli 24 , no dhw & ch help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm no heating engineer. Anyway my problem is that my boiler will not ignite for either dhw or ch . Tried Reset green ,ignition led flashes for a few seconds cuts out then the red led boiler (shut down) comes on , it sounds like the fan/pump starts , no sign of any clicking noise . Any help would be appreciated before I have to bite the bullet and buy a new boiler.
Planning on stripping PCB down once I get in to check for any dry solder connections and also the relays.
Thanks for any help

( anyone recommend a good boiler around the £600 /£800 mark for a 3 bed house while I'm at it ) thanks

Sponsored Links
Would be worth pulling pcb, and check for broken tracks, burning etc. i had no ch or dhw, but i did have ignition, turned out to be gas valve! Baxi duo tec is a cracking boiler.

Can't find any dry solder joints , relays not sure what these are but the clear boxes have no sign of burnt marks,
The boiler pilot light ignites for both ch & dhw but decides to turn off after about 6 sec's then on comes the permanent red led shut down :( .
Still no wiser :((

Would be worth pulling pcb, and check for broken tracks, burning etc. i had no ch or dhw, but i did have ignition, turned out to be gas valve! Baxi duo tec is a cracking boiler.

Thanks for gettin back to me , can't see any obvious signs of damage on the PCB , my pilot does also ignite but goes off after so many seconds .
I put it down to a sensor at 1st as the problem happened a few times leading upto today but I was able to reset and the boiler worked fine for the rest of the day .
Thanks for the tip on the new boiler I will look into that thanks mate

Sponsored Links
I wonder if it could be a faulty air pressure switch.

Not sure what I did if I did anything that is and screwed it back together and it fired up and is now working I'm not sure what that tells me because I didn't really do anything so I'm still baffled . I think I'm gonna look into that boiler you recommend .

Back again , boiler still playin up this morning but what I did find is if I reset it and tried the ch it would shut down each time but when I turned ch off and tried the dhw a couple of times ,eventually the boiler would fire up and be ok then I could turn the ch and this then works fine also .
Any ideas what this could be would it be a sensor or something totally different .
Any help would be appreciated thanks

Just ordered 2 new sensors for the ch/dhw not sure if this is the problem but once I've changed these that eliminates them

Is it worth ordering a overheat thermostat 100c also ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back