Ferroli 701 pressure relief valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pressure relief needs replaced on my Ferroli 701 boiler. Do I need to drain the system down or can I do it when the pressure is at zero?

Advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If it's just at 0bar, then there is still water in the pipes, so when you take the PRV off, water will come out.

What makes you think PRV needs replacing, is it spluttering out water everytime you turn the heating on? Have you checked your expansion vessel is charged correctly and working?

Reply very much appreciated.

I've been having problems with overflow etc for a while now. Checked the expansion vessel pressure and pumped it up. I then discovered that water was leaking through the automatic air vent. I replaced this and the automatic air vent is now watertight.

I noticed again a few days ago that water had gathered in the tub I had left below the boiler. I discovered that it was seeping out of the PRV. It also trickles out of the overflow pipe at the side of the house. That's why I reckon that it's had it.

I'm debating about whether to replace the valve myself ( I had one deliverd today) or should I call in a central heating engineer. It looks to be in a very awkward place to change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back