Ferroli 701 - Pressure Relief Valve passing?

exact same thing, so what exactly are you trying to drain ???? you have fecked up somewhere, not recommended but you have fecked it anyway so just open your new PRV and use that as a drain, hopefully will seal after you have opened it

I'm just draining at the proper drain pint on the boiler mate, no **** ups, it's draining ALL the system above/upstairs though!!

Here's the PDF with drain point, Page 19 - https://www.ccha.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Ferroli-Optima_701_Manual.pdf

It's just a soldered T on the CH out. (see my pics above)

Attachments

• Boiler Drain_Arrow.jpg
    Boiler Drain_Arrow.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 220
Sponsored Links
I do not know why it's showing upside down? I have edited/rotated it 180 and it still shows the same...

Ha Ha no wonder it is taking ages to drain, That is the Domestic HW drain point that will never stop because you are trying to drain the Cold water mains

Ha Ha no wonder it is taking ages to drain, That is the Domestic HW drain point that will never stop because you are trying to drain the Cold water mains

I know i am, i stated it a few times!! Where is he point to drain boiler as this is not going to prove anything..lolo_Oo_O

Just opening the PRV would suffice i presume?..lol

Sponsored Links
yes but remember to leave it open when you are pressurising the ev, unfortunately your boiler doesnt have a designated drain oint , is there a drain point outside the building or a drain down Lockshield valve near the front or back door ? something like this ?

https://images.victorianplumbing.co.uk/Images/Live/10040617-med.gif

Yes there i have drain all of them near the rads downstairs but still getting water from boiler.

How can i keep the PRV open, they just turn so far the click/reset closed...

I would need something to wedge it open (like the a speedfit locking clip) o i could just use insulation tape.

I don't mind draining it all down anyway tbh as i'm fitting a valve for future drains, plus i'm putting additive in (first time ever).

just open one near a door put a hose on the outlet to outside close the valve at the other end of the valve , open the drain cock and your boiler will drain down, leave the drain valve open and start pumping the expansion vessel up.

I done what you stated above first..

Anyway little update i closed off the drain point as system had emptied/drip.

I then removed the Pressure Gauge connection which is on the CH Return/boiler side and had nothing come out...

Put bike pump on EV and started pumping (easy to pump/no resistance) and it was like a jetwasher with water coming out!! Kept pumping and i was thinking the diaphragm had split/broken as i nearly filled a bucket full and i had NO pressure on gauge!!

I carried on and then the brown/sludge water came out and then it got hard to pump and took about 12 pumps to get it to just above 1 bar!!

It's sat at around 1.2 bar i would say and all looks good..I hope!!

There was absolutely NO pressure in the EV at all, not bad though since 1997!!!

I'm off out to get some fittings to make a drain point for hose..

I might just be lucky here guys...

I'll borrow my plumber mates digital pressure tester tom and see exactly what i have in the EV.

Cheers

you cant test the pressure of the EV with water still in the boiler under pressure, you have sorted what you needed to do so just leave it alone now until next year, the pressure is supposed to be checked every year, but you have to do what you have just done to check it, you cant have water in the boiler when checking it or you wont get a correct result

you cant test the pressure of the EV with water still in the boiler under pressure, you have sorted what you needed to do so just leave it alone now until next year, the pressure is supposed to be checked every year, but you have to do what you have just done to check it, you cant have water in the boiler when checking it or you wont get a correct result

Yes, i understand that the system needs to be empty..

I have still not refilled it yet anyway, probably do it tomorrow.

If the XV was faulty i probably would of just fitted one in my back bedroom inside the fitted wardrobe out of site..

Thanks

You have patience of a saint ian
You do know you can take a horse to the water but not make it drink it:whistle:

Don't know why you're bothering.
Don't mind telling people how to rectify a non flushing WC but that's about it.

????
What's the problem guys? Think i have been misunderstood.

I only stated that i agreed/knew that the pressure can not tested with water in the system...

I'm very thankful for the help, it GREATLY appreciated...

Confused now??

????
What's the problem guys? Think i have been misunderstood.

I only stated that i agreed/knew that the pressure can not tested with water in the system...

I'm very thankful for the help, it GREATLY appreciated...

Confused now??
Not all aimed at you mate , dont worry about it, far too many come on asking for the exact same advice but wont have it when you tell them that you have to follow all of the steps and not just put a pump on the valve and pump it up, at least you are sorted mate

Cheers mate...

You have helped me a few times over the years, i remember the name....

Let's hope it all works tomorrow or i will be back to haunt you..lol

(y)(y):unsure::LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back