ferroli modena banging noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Has anyone got an Idea on probable causes for banging noises on a ferroli Modena. It only happens occasionally on CH..when it happens the pressure gauge jumps up half a bar or so and then returns to normal, nothing being discharged out the PRV.

At this stage im thinking it could either be pipe squirrels or the pump on its way out? any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Ive come across this problem a few times and had some very scared old ladies saying their boiler was coming off the wall. I changed the pump and went back to a couple and changed the pump and block and not been back to any. Strange has the block dosent have any moving parts apart from the auto air vent. Hope that helps.

Nath

Check the pump mains connector is fully pushed in, otherwise could be a sticking pump.

I assume you haven't got TRVs fitted to ALL rads.

Sponsored Links
thanks alot gasguru and bellair...I always promote this site for guys that are scratching their heads with gas issues, you guys are the AA of the boiler world LOL.

Bypass rad in hall by the way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back