Ferroli Optimax HE 38kW or WB Greenstar 30CDI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had two quotes from Corgi Registered engineers as follows to purchase and install a combi boiler in our 3 bed detached with 10 radiators. The options I have are

1) Ferroli Optimax HE 38kW- with 4 radiator thermostats and wireless control- £1,600.

2) Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 CDi- with 4 radiator thermostats and wireless control- £1,975.

I have absolutely no idea which I should go for and hence this post. From what I read and hear the Worcester Bosch would seem to be the best quality although more expensive whilst the Ferroli is a higher spec with a 5 year guarantee. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any competent installer should be able to fit any make of boiler.

To properly compare quotes they have to be for the same thing!

Most people on here would suggest Vaillant or Viessmann or Biasi rather than Worcester or Ferrolli.

The Ferrolli quote sounds more reasomable but neither are expensive.

Ask the Ferroli for a price for the same Worcester and the equivalent Vaillant.

Ask the Worcester man for a price for the same Vaillant.

Tony

I'd rather have the Ferroli if these are the only 2 you are choosing from.

But if I had a choice then I would fit neither. Oh, I do and I won't :eek: :LOL:

I'd rather have the Ferroli if these are the only 2 you are choosing from.

But if I had a choice then I would fit neither. Oh, I do and I won't :eek: :LOL:

Have a recurring nightmare like that, i'm the last person on earth stuck with Cilla Black and that one who was in Krankies. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Have a recurring nightmare like that, i'm the last person on earth stuck with Cilla Black and that one who was in Krankies. :eek:

ROFL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

How long in the dream until you kill them or cut your own throat :eek: :LOL:

don't compare boilers, compare installers, its more important. I'm sure if you ask, most installers would fit whatever boiler you wanted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back