ferroli pressure really need help possible danger!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a ferroli boiler which is situated in my childrens bedroom , it has been flowing from the prv for about the last week at a pressure of 3 bars. prv installed about 2 yrs ago. Last night it went up to 4 and was banging and "screaming to the point that it woke up the neighbours. I ran into the kids room and has to turn off the water at the mains and also the boiler , this morning it is again hovering at 3. I was just wondering if it was a problem with the loop because when I turned the water off the prv took it down to 1.5 and usually it goes straight back up to 3 after releasing pressure via prv. In theory if had mains water off all of the time the pressure would remain betwenn 1.5-2.5
Obviously mains water off all the time is not an option but shoud loop be filling up without me turning tap or is it faulty and letting water in , worried about childrens safety now , please reply if you have an ideas or solutions , thanks.

Sponsored Links
Make sure the filling loop is completely turned off, and ideally disconnected, if possible. If the PRV is blowing water out, then water must be coming in!
John :)

the filling loop tap has gone from horizontal (open) to vertical (closed) , I appreciate your quick response , please advise should filling loop let any water in at all when closed or is it only for topping up , thanks. If it shoudnt its def faulty as when prv tapped turned to release pressure it goes straight back up , however there is a def increase in flow of water when loop tap is turned.

Sponsored Links
just fixed this problem after years of ongoing speculation , including "trained" homeserve engineers replacing the prv , twice! As you look at filling loop tap horizontal is closed and vertical is open whilst turning it clockwise , HOWEVER!!!! as I have just discoverd if you turn it a fraction to far so its at 12:01 rather that 12:00 position it slightly opens it back up and therefore ................releases water into the bolier , problem solved at no cost at all , thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back