Ferrous Oxide Mark on Carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I removed some redundant copper pipe and when carrying it out foolishly allowed some black oxide to drop on the recently cleaned carpet. Is there any way to remove the marks please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
get a professional. dont put any cleaning solutions on it , you could make it worse.

Sponsored Links
It's particles sitting on the carpet, rather than a colouring of the fibres, so if you use a carpet cleaning vac , or ordinary water-capable vac and irrigate it well you'll suck most of it up.

Cut that bit of carpet out and swap it with an identical piece from under the sofa if you cannot do as Kev said :LOL: :LOL:

You can hire a Rug Doctor from Focus for about £30, or buy a VAX carpet cleaner on Ebay for under £100. I bought a VAX cleaner about 6 months ago and have used it loads of times as I have kds & a dog that like to puke all over the place, the cleaner soon gets rid of the mess.

better still,drink the white wine.if you want help to do that let me know.
ok.i use 1001 mousse carpet and upholstery cleaner, then i vacuum the area just to get some air to circulate through it,speeds up drying time.always keep 1 liter of it in van.tesco etc sell it.

Real iron stains like blood etc are removed in the dry cleaners tade by "spotting" with oxalic acid !

Tony

Agile said:
Real iron stains like blood etc are removed in the dry cleaners tade by "spotting" with oxalic acid !

Tony
Thanks to everyone. I used to have some oxalic acid crystals but leant tthem to friends - unfortunately 300 miles away friends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back