few general questions on my bathroom fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above, just a few questions on my bathroom refit

1. Do i install finished floor before or after shower tray?
2. I am going to install the sink waste pipe 'amongst the stud wall, but do i plasterboard stud wall before cutting holes and installing waste pipe that bottle trap will connect to, for sink?
3. Is it reccomended to board all the way to the floor before installing shower tray?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What material will finished floor be?
Install plasterboard and sheet timber to support sink install .
What is the wall going to be? Tiles? Shower panel?

Finished floor most likely laminate

Shower area going to be tiled with aquapanel screwed to stud wall behind tiles

Standard Plasterboard will be screwed to stud wall away from shower area and skimmed/painted

So do you suggest plasterboarding sink basin area before installing waste pipe?

I'll obviously have to get basin made up and put it in the area I want it on stud wall to get my measurements for waste and hot cold feed wall outlets, and install these before boarding?

Sponsored Links
In a shower or bathroom moisture resistsnt plasterboard is a better choice than standard grey board. If tiling, cement board is an even better choice as it is completely watwr resistant (but is a begger to cut - extremely dusty)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back