Bathroom refit order

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mind is a boggle with everything I've got on the go at once.

Currently my floor is up and joists exposed as I am levelling it. I am installing a new bathroom comprising of a 1200. X 700 shower tray/enclosure, a wall hung semi pedestal (going on stud wall) and a new toilet remaining in same place as it is now.

Can I just confirm the order of everything?

As my floor is exposed joists, I plan on first fix water supply and bringing the pipework up through the floor alongside stud wall as I will be boxing in the water pipes and shower waste pipe.

I assume I install noggins for semi pedestal before boarding up?

I want to bring my basin waste down into my shower waste. Should my basin waste be 32mm pipe? And shower waste 40mm? Is there a t connector you can get to connect my vertical 32mm pipe into a horizontal 40mm pipe run?

On a semi pedastal i believe the waste pipe will run down through stud wall - then do I bring the waste out of the wall and connect into horizontal shower run at floor level so it will be boxed in?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Reducer is available so you can run smaller waste to larger in T joint .For wall mounting on stud work I would fit 18mm ply between uprights to increase strength and ensure you have good fixing anywhere on the wall .
Will the shower waste not run under floor? So sink waste will connect under floor as well .

Reducer is available so you can run smaller waste to larger in T joint .For wall mounting on stud work I would fit 18mm ply between uprights to increase strength and ensure you have good fixing anywhere on the wall .
Will the shower waste not run under floor? So sink waste will connect under floor as well .

Thanks for your help. So do I fit the ply to the studs as if installing plasterboard? Or do I have to recess it back a bit to make flush with p/board?

I posted a separate on the waste - there is adequate room in the joists to run the waste pipe but it will be very awkward to move the exit from the house lower, as it goes into a hopper and the angle will be horizontal if I drop the exit lower.... Could I run it under the floor and make an s bend or use Flexi hose bringing it out from the floor into the waste pipe outside?. If that makes sense?

Sponsored Links
Ideally keep ply flush so recess it, much stronger and easier than hoping you get stud in the right place.Cant comment on pipe run , don’t know your layout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back