Fiat punto juddering on set off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had a second hand engine put in my fiat punto 1.2 2004 and a new clutch.

When I set off the car seems to judder and almost cut out, if I rev the car quite a bit it sets of fine, engine management isn't on no other warning lights on, car seems to drive fine apart from that, just seems like the car doesn't like low revs but the engine before was fine at low revs.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Cheers

Dan

Sponsored Links
Difficult to say Dan but if the flywheel wasn't clean or rust free before the new clutch was fitted then this is what happens.
Does the engine tickover nicely, and the rev up smartly in neutral?
John :)

Hi John,

Yea engine ticks over smoothly and revs up no problems, would the rust eventually wore away if that was the problem? Or should I take it back to garage?

Dan

If I recall I think I remember him saying he'd fitted a new clutch kit, would the flywheel be part of the kit?

Sponsored Links
The flywheel will be original, it's the pressure plate, friction plate and release bearing that are part of the clutch kit.
I'd strongly recommend you go back to the garage......the judder won't improve by itself.
John :)

Clutch shaft (spigot shaft) not allowing the clutch disk to float when you release the clutch? WD40 onto the shaft through a hole in the housing, working blind. Even if you only get a small amount on, you will find a difference.
Or engine mounting not tightened after clutch replacement. Visual check especially the gearbox mounts.

A few familiar members on the thread, hello to everyone ...........

Sponsored Links
Back