Fibre Board for bedding verge tiles - help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe a silly question, but can anyone advise me where I can buy cement fibre board – the strips that are fixed at the roof verge beneath the battens onto which tiles can be bedded. My local high street DIY chains don’t seem to stock these! Can anyone suggest a supplier in the Romford ( Essex ) area or even an online store that will sell these mail order. Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Sponsored Links
As woods says, 150mm undercloak is commonly sold in 1200mm lengths.

It is fairly typical, that a diy shed does not have the first clue as to what undercloak is.

Sponsored Links
Asphaltic in Crow Lane, or Roof Warehouse off Faringdon Avenue. As said, just ask for undercloak.

Thanks to all those who replied - I am very grateful. Now that I know it's called 'under cloak' I might stand a better chance of actually finding some! And the two suppliers that were mentioned are really local so hopefully I'll have no problem buying some during the week ( cheers for the tip Xenon ). Thanks again to all!!!

Dont use them because after a while the cement pointing will crack and fall out. Use a cloak verge tile. Simple to fit and you will never have to repoint the verges again

Shirazman, thanks for the advice - I hadn't really thought about cracking. That's something else to consider!

depending on the type of tile you have, cloak tiles are only produced for certain tiles.
continuous or segmental verges would be your other options.

wet verges last around 30yrs when done properly.

Alastairreid, hi, thanks for the follow-up. I suspect I'll end up going for a wet verge, ie: bedding the tiles on, and if I get 30 years without any cracking I'll be more than happy! Cheers again.

alastairreid";p="1183791 said:
depending on the type of tile you have, cloak tiles are only produced for certain tiles.
continuous or segmental verges would be your other options.

wet verges last around 30yrs when done properly.[/quot

Absolute *******s . Your one of these jack of all know it alls me thinks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back