Fibreglass flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had our attic done and now I have an excellent view of my flat roof, we have no leaks.
I have noticed the silver stuff on the flat roof is peeled and blistered, also there is a small section, about 3ft x 3ft were there is a pool of water.

Is this normal?
If not what shall I do to repair it. Can I walk on the flat roof, I am 17st lol.

Ta

If I get chance Ill post a photo.

Sponsored Links
morphe said:
Is this normal?
If not what shall I do to repair it. Can I walk on the flat roof, I am 17st lol.

since it has no angle then yes

depeds what is supporting the roof

you can always lay a scafhold borad across whole roof and walk on that

idea being it distruutes your weight

breezer said:
morphe said:
Is this normal?

since it has no angle then yes

depeds what is supporting the roof

you can always lay a scafhold borad across whole roof and walk on that

idea being it distruutes your weight

been downing a little too much christmas cheer breezer. :eek: ;)

or are they deliberate misspellings.:cool:

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
actauly its too much fag ash in the keyboad
Talking of which - did you solve your corrupted file name problem?

Did you try removing it from the Command window?

morphe no its not normal for the topcoat to peel away, chances are it was laid to thick or the base coat didnt cure before the topcoat was applied

Best bet is lightly sand down the whole area, brush off and re-apply topcoat evenly and not to thick, as a guide you should be using 0.5kg of topcoat per m2, or call a roofer in to do it for you, we would charge approx £25 per m2 to do the work.

You should be ok to walk on the roof most fibreglass roofs are pretty solid as long as an adequate deck was used

Pooling of water does often occur on flat roofs but most should evaporate naturally and as long as your roof isnt cracked then these shouldnt pose a problem

Hope this helps

Stevie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back