Fiesta drive shaft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Is it a straightforward job to remove and refit the boots and driveshafts from a '95 Fiesta? I need to be able to spin the hub around for access to beat out a corroded in stub from the wishbone.

Sponsored Links
Yes,it's easy - hardest bit is removing the hub assembly from the outer end;after that,the driveshaft will just "pop" out.
Boots easy to replace if you are taking the driveshafts off,otherwise you can get boots that are pre-split that are glued together when fitted (if changing them with driveshafts still fitted)

Cheers for that. If I take out the driveshaft and unbolt the track rod, will the hub spin around through 180 degrees to give me access to the pinch bolt area for the wishbone?

Sponsored Links
You can't remove the driveshaft without separating the lower balljoint. I would keep clear of split CV boots they are a bodge and will only last a short time, also you have to keep every thing free of grease when trying to stick them together. I would use genuine parts, they always fit properly, where as some pattern parts are at best good and at worse a waste of money. don't use cable ties to secure the boot to the CV joint, they stretch and the boot will come off the joint when you go to full lock, best to use the metal clip provided.
regards johnwr

Back