Fiesta main beam lights won't turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a Ford Fiesta and the main beam lights would not turn off this morning even after several attempts to switch them off. I understand it could be a problem with the switching in either the steering column or the relay under the bonnet (or both) and I want to order parts but not really what to order.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with a Fiesta, or Ford of any type?

If anyone has ordered replacement switches and installed these I would be interested in hearing from you.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Very likely to be a relay issue, depending on the age of your Fiesta.
The main beam and dip beam relays are the same on these (inside the fusebox area) so feel free to unplug them and try a swap over.
John :)

Thank you very much for your reply burnerman. Are the relays in the fusebox obvious - i.e. are they the only relays or are they two of many? I'm just wondering how to locate the right ones.

Also, would you be able to recommend a good supplier of spare parts for these type of relays?

Sponsored Links
The Fiesta I had this problem with was an 04 model and that was 6 years ago, so things are a little rusty!
There's no problem with unplugging each relay in turn, and see what happens.....when the lights do turn off, see if there's a similar relay alongside and swap them over. They only fit one way round!
If you do get somewhere a local motor factor will probably sort you out, but a Ford dealer can get you what you need next day.
John :)

Back