fill the van up

there is people on hear who would have ambulance pulled by donkeys, they have had there 40 years driving in there gas guzzling morris minor. :LOL: HUMBER HAWKS :LOL: :LOL:

:D

as it happens, i bought a moggie for my daughter, shes a student and i thought she would like it. she didnt, dad got it wrong again :rolleyes: :oops:

i did think at the time about the fuel and that the morris would be good.
the freelander was much better.

we all like a fast car but we seldom get to use such speed. my mini goes just over 100mph but i seldom do that speed. the mini is about 100bhp, i cant see that anyone would really need more power from an engine, each to their own i supose but i wouldnt mind some petrol to be left for our kids, lets hope we can get a smooth transition to alternative..

black catting now :oops:
my dad had a humber hawk, it was about 1967 and we had the only car down our street. now, you couldnt get a car parked if you got home after work :cry:

Sponsored Links
we floped on saturday no enough people, :confused: must be happy paying 1.09 a litre, :eek: :confused: but more plans after christmas to get the cost down :LOL: all those who want to pay more for your fuel next time u fuel up put £20 in the poor box and clear your mind of guilt:cool:

No blockades, no army, just legal peaceful protest. Public apathy yes but from what has been posted here I would guess that the public were not aware af what was going on and the wrong time of year. It is, since the 2000 blockades been made illegal to blockade, more so now as it is covered under the Anti-terror laws :rolleyes: There will continue to be protests, ways round the laws or stuff it all become French and do it their way until the unfair tax is changed. :evil: (66p in the £) pure money grabbing and its not just farmers and truckers all motorists pay it. 1 car versus 1 bus, wonder which throws out more co2 Green tax my ar**

To keep abreast of events and to show your support please visit transaction-2007.com:cool:

Is it unfair?

I don't know

What do you think is the "correct" price for energy?

What do you want to pay your extra tax on instead?

Sponsored Links
is it unfair......yes I believe it is. The poorest pays as much as the richest.
We are not paying all that for energy. It cost about 35p a ltr, for that the oil companies find it drill for it refine it and get it to the pumps. Gordon does nothing but slap a 66p tax on it and coins it in Why and where does it go. Not on the roads or our squaddies or the pensions thats for sure Why should I have to pay any extra tax at all so the goverment can mis-spend it on failed vote buying tactics. And its not just this one The torys started it and labour are milking it. Why do we have to be one of the most expensive in the world, because we stand for it and allow it to happen

I want to see anything from 50p to 80p per ltr thats still some thing like a 50 to 100% increase on the original cost. For some of us motoring is not a luxury its part of our job, Buggered if I'm getting the bus with a cement mixer :LOL:

The tax does two things:

it makes energy more expensive which causes people to use it frugally. If it was as cheap as in the US we'd be wastefully overheating our homes, and driving vast bloated recreational trucks

it contributes to the general fund. if we didn't pay that much tax on fuel, we'd be paying it on National Insurance, Income Tax, or VAT (ore something else)

So are you in favour of big gas-guzzlers and increased VAT?

so john you saying your happy paying over the odds? i never knew the tax was 66p round here the price of a litre is £1.059 it is disgusting that the govt get away with ripping us off, they could easily drop the tax half price. i guess this our problem for wantingmoke free pubs! less smoking = less tax so they can target the easy to rip off, the motorist.

and to answer another post i had no idea about the blockades untill today, so i guess it wasnt that well advertised!

What did we do pre 97 when the fuel escalator was bought in I didn't pay more tax and vat then or NI etc etc Forget the homes mines not heated by petrol :LOL: and the energy companies use solid fuel not liquid I believe. It has made no difference more and more people are on the road and I have to be end of story. Reids Hauliers folded today with the loss of 200 jobs He could not compete. If the truckers charge more because of the fuel they lose the contract to cheaper foreign drivers who do not fill up over here so avoid our prices.

also my heating costs whent down last time I checked. If its cold it goes on if its hot it gets turned off. Wouldnt care how dear it was. If its cold its on. Simple. None of this is about that Its about the fuel and an unfair tax on it.

And I sure as hell don't pay 66p in the £ to British Gas when my heater fires up :evil:

People dont like paying out for anything.
Was I the only one who thought the poll tax was ok?
It meant everyone paid their bit, but the people who never paid at all didn't want to pay anything but still wanted council facilities, ie bins emptied, libraries etc,
I pay income tax, and proud to, (only cos I can't get out of it).Can't bonafide tradesmen get tax relief on fuel as part of their business?
If It wasn't on fuel, what would it go on?
Dont' know the answer,just do a lot of walking......
PP

I accept we have to pay tax but to keep lumping it on the motorist is unfair, everyone including non motorists should be paying a fair share of the burden.

What do you call fair?
make high earners pay more tax? Its just easier for them to pay it on fuel,
Lets face it there is nothing you can tax that will not cause outcry amongst those selfish people who want all, but to pay nothing.
If its not on fuel, it will be on fags, beer, wine, spirits, after all you don't need to drink, or smoke, so if you dont do it you won't pay tax!
PP

what I mean is the non motorist gets away with the burden that we motorists suffer, Income tax is probably a fairer way of collecting the shortfall, I personally would prefer to pay all tax at source and know whats left is free of any more taxing. this includes such extra taxes such as VAT

The non motorist still has to pay for food deliveries, etc,
They choose not to be a motorist, so dont pay directly into fuel,
Should they pay more bus/train fares?
What if we made all buses/ rail journeys free,would more people become non-motorists......Where would the government get their money from?
Increase VAT to 25%?
What would anyone like to see taxed, bet it is something that they dont use......
Why not tax Golf? and more tax on Horse racing?
Bingo....?
Newspapers?
Water?
Do Turkeys vote for Christmas?
PP

Sponsored Links
Back