Plumbers hoarding the fuel?

Should ask the drivers not the employers. Drivers are saying its about the work life balance, sleeping in horrible lay-bys etc. But we also used to transit a lot more freight by rail than we do now. It would make a lot of sense to exploit rail as an option.
What will probably now happen is that prices will continue to rise and those least able to pay will suffer...

I wonder if the corporates will be told to reduce their profits/ban bonuses rather than passing on the costs?

We all know the answer to that!

Sponsored Links
Not sure where I read it, but an HGV driver explained why he quit the industry. In short - the UK is crap. Some reasons I remember
  • towns, cities and local councils have banned lorries from parking for any length of time - you're expected to drop off the cargo and get the hell out of there
  • services are rubbish - dirty, mouldy showers and bathrooms, terrible food
  • you have to pay up to £40 a night to park in a designated spot - just imaging having to pay a huge chunk of your wages just to be able to sleep and wash every day
In comparison, he said, places like France welcome truck drivers. They go to the front of the queue in cafes, as people know they are on a tight schedule. The showers and toilets are clean and free. No fees to park to sleep, and you can park up anywhere without a problem.

In short, people respect lorry drivers in other countries, such as France, but we hate them and don't want them.

And on top of that, they have to spend loads on training and the pay in not that great, especially when you consider the poor work-life balance with being away from home and family for much of the time.

Our (as in the UK, town councils, service stations etc) attitude needs to change if we want to encourage overseas drivers back, and Brits to just to the task.

Summed up very well. Brilliant ... Some reasons there why I won't go into London now.

The likes of Sadiq Khan need to see and read things like what you've said because they are ignorant to it..

Summed up very well. Brilliant ... Some reasons there why I won't go into London now.

The likes of Sadiq Khan need to see and read things like what you've said because they are ignorant to it..

I likes lorry drivers, I really do, they're my kind of people.

I'm told that from oop 'ere, norf of Watford, driving into Lahndan is now strictly on a voluntary basis. Good drivers have been unicorn poo for a few years now & it is a very foolish transport manager that would risk losing a good driver by tricking them into a few drops in the east end.

I occasionally drive a double deck race trailer pulled by probably the blingiest, most powerful & certainly one of the most expensive traction units on the UK roads today. It is a skill in itself & not for the faint of heart, I can just about handle getting it from the base to Silverstone or Cadwell, if you sent me into Lahndan I reckon I'd melt.

Sponsored Links
I occasionally drive a double deck race trailer pulled by probably the blingiest, most powerful & certainly one of the most expensive traction units on the UK roads today. It is a skill in itself & not for the faint of heart, I can just about handle getting it from the base to Silverstone or Cadwell, if you sent me into Lahndan I reckon I'd melt.

You don't drive through Chelmsford area do you? I sometimes see a massively blinged up lorry passing through in the evening, always wonder where they are going. Looks like a fairground on wheels.

I know they say there will be food shortages, but come on, Tesco tried them and caused a big hoo haa.

My local Tesco has been low on stock across the board for a few weeks now. Is that maybe a tactic though, don't fill the shelves and keep enough in reserve?

My local Tesco has been low on stock across the board for a few weeks now. Is that maybe a tactic though, don't fill the shelves and keep enough in reserve?
Across the board you say...

So keep perishable goods 'in reserve' as a tactic? :rolleyes:

Someone it appears doesn't understand the concept of a 'just in time' supply chain!

Across the board you say...

Yes, you can visit if you want.

So keep perishable goods 'in reserve' as a tactic?

It was a genuine question because I really don't know. But, we bought some of the last of the meat, and my son went out shortly after us and there was more on the shelves.

There is really no need to get abusive.

Someone it appears doesn't understand the concept of a 'just in time' supply chain!

Tell me my local (very small) Tesco's policy on this and I'll shut up.

I don't normally as a rule enter the domain of the supermarket. The missus finds it much less of a burden if I don't.

Today we have visited Asda, Aldi & Tesco. She's spent approx £150 of MY money & nowhere did I see an empty shelf?

If the msm didn’t creat panic buying it would be fine.
The same as the idiots panic buying over lockdown.
There would never be a shortage of petrol/diesel.
Yes there would not be as much but there would be enough.
It’s the panic buying that is/will create the shortage not the supply.

What made them panic?
It wouldn't be the broken transport system, the bare shelves and petrol stations closing, would it?

There is no shortage of fuel & there is no shortage of drivers to distribute it. You HAVE to panic buy & you HAVE to fill up your tanks because everyone else is & it is this that WILL create the short term problem your MSM of choice created with a few short paragraphs in an article written by a Marxist revolutionary who rides a bicycle !

The UK consumes about 70m litres of diesel per day, due to Karen from Facebook panic buying, a weeks worth of extra fuel is now sloshing around peoples tanks. Assuming only 1/4 of drivers topped up, add petrol in to the mix and thats around 3000 extra tankers worth that are needed this week but wont be needed next week. Quite an impact.

Last edited:
What will probably now happen is that prices will continue to rise and those least able to pay will suffer...I wonder if the corporates will be told to reduce their profits/ban bonuses rather than passing on the costs?
I wonder what communist country you think you are living in. Perhaps you could give up some of that alleged £950k (and allegedly still rising) pension pot/investments/currencies you were bragging about recently to help those least able to pay, comrade Ellal?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back