Filling brickwork gap halfway up house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please do not duplicate your posts
new hole pic.jpg
View attachment 262522 Are there any other ways to fill a wall-gap in without mortar (as shown here)? If not what tips do you have for cementing this gap in?

Sponsored Links
please do not duplicate your posts
Any suggestions on the best tools or methods for filling up a brickwork gap that's halfway up the house (high) but without using a ladder (staying at ground level)?
new hole pic.jpg

Duck tape the bricks to keep clean and fill with sand and cement. Buy cheap dry mix that you just add water from DIY in bag

Sponsored Links
Duck tape the bricks to keep clean and fill with sand and cement. Buy cheap dry mix that you just add water from DIY in bag

I've got the filler, it's the ladder issue.

What's the problem.. Hire or borrow a ladder. Cheap enough for day hire.

Find a local trade and offer a few quid for couple of hours ladder use..
Also find ladders for sale or even free.

If you have a fear of climbing ladders/scaffolding I'm sure you can find a young lad willing to get up and fill that for you for a couple of quid.

Get a " Black Widow " and practice until you are confident to hit the spot !!

hole fill.jpg
Hi,

For small holes and cracks in render, I like to use a Fischer DEC ready mixed cartridge:
https://www.toolstation.com/fischer-dec-premium-express-ready-mixed-cement-cartridge/p95602
You just gun it into the hole as you would caulk - ideal when up a ladder! :)
It can be quite firm to push out of the tube, so a good quality gun may be needed.

Good luck! :)

I just used i hat cement-filler thanks. I didn't have to get on any ladder as instead I used an old telescopic window cleaning pole as show i.e. I smeared the cement on the end;

Attachments

• 20220312_160311[1].jpg
    20220312_160311[1].jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back