gap filling under soffit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope I'm in the right section?!

I want to paint the outside of my house, it is all brickwork and rendering but where the soffits have been fitted under the guttering,there is a big gap which is probably around 2/3 fingers width away from the wall. What would be th best thing to fill these gaps with before painting? Can I point it? if so, would I need to put something up behind the soffit to hold the mortar up or is there a gap filler I can use which can be smoothed off and painted?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nafe

Sponsored Links
dont fill it cover it with mesh if your worried as theres a very good chance thats your ventilation into the attic and blocking it will cause dampness if it is

Ok, would I find this at a particular type of supplier or is it something I'd find in B+Q?
Many thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
OK thanks, one thing I failed to mention is that the ceiling is vaulted within the room with the beams all showing. So in other words there is no loft. Does it still apply that they are ventilation gaps or jut not finished very well?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back