Filling Floorboard gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A quick question....

When renovating my house I had to lift some tongue and grooved floorboards for running cables, heating pipes etc. This was achieved by cutting the tongue out with a skillsaw. Now they've been refitted, there's quite a breeze from the floorspace below (traditional suspended timber floor). I'm trying to find the best way of re-sealing the gap - and I'm not interested really in the glue and sawdust method!

Any ideas - some sort of filler? - timber coloured caulk? - are such products available and has anyone tried them? Any recommended brands?

Thanks,

Henrik

p.s. The floor has already been sanded and varnished

Sponsored Links
You could cut some wedges of timber out of the same or similar material. You can then tap them into place with a mallet, and plane off any excess. You'll need to sand an seal to match the existing floor though.

In case anyone's interested......

Just solved the problem myself! Brown decorator's caulk does the job perfectly.....

Henrik

Sponsored Links
Henrik said:
In case anyone's interested......

Just solved the problem myself! Brown decorator's caulk does the job perfectly.....

Henrik

For now !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back